Skip to main content
Department of Justice
Births, Deaths and Marriages
BDM Header
Print page

Single Status Certificate

Overseas marriage authorities often require evidence a party to the marriage is free to marry. Such evidence may be a Result of Marriage Certificate from the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

This certifies that you have never been married in Western Australia, or if previously married, no further marriage has been registered in Western Australia.

Who is eligible to apply for a certificate?

The person who is a party to the marriage and requires evidence they are free to marry.

If you are not an eligible applicant you must provide the written consent or authority from an eligible person and you must also provide three forms of evidence-of-identity for yourself and that person (see Letter of Authority download below). See Certification Requirements webpage.

Where and how do I apply?

Perth Registry Office - in person

Perth Registry Office - by email

Perth Registry Office - by mail

Application Forms

Last updated: 29-Jul-2020

[ back to top ]

Home | Feedback | Privacy | Copyright and Disclaimer  | DoJ HR Kiosk | Webmail
Department of Justice |  About the Department | Court and Tribunal Services | Public Advocate | Public Trustee
All contents copyright Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.